A Comprehensive Guide for Creating and Installing on WordPress in 2023 by EdnBox
Google Tag Manager is a powerful tool that allows website owners to easily manage and track various marketing and analytics tags on their website without the need for developers. It enables users to add, edit, and manage tags on their website through a user-friendly interface, making it an essential tool for any business that wants to improve their online presence and track the performance of their website. In this article, we will go through the process of creating a Tag in Google Tag manager and installing it on a WordPress website.
Creating a Google Tag in Google Tag Manager
To create a Google Tag in Google Tag Manager, you will first need to create an account at tagmanager.google.com and sign in with your Google account. Once you are logged in, follow these steps:
- Click on “Create Account” and give your account a name, and choose the country in which your company is based.
- Click on “New Container” to create a new container for your website.
- Choose “Web” as the container type and give it a name.
- Click on “Create” to create the container.
- Once the container is created, click on “Add a new tag” to add a new tag to your website.
- Choose the type of tag you want to create. It supports a variety of tags, including Google Analytics, Ad Words, and Floodlight.
- Configure the tag settings and choose the triggers that will fire the tag.
- Click “Save” to create the tag.